My windows box is broken in firefox(solved)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

My windows box is broken in firefox(solved)

Postby ganonspike on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:16 am

Hi im new to mint..though ive used ubuntu in the past. I just installed it today, and let some of my friends us my computer, and i returned to window boxes without minimise, or Xes, or maximise options. Also when i just double click it no longer maximixes or minimzes as it was doing before. This only applies to my windows in firefox. Any suggestions?
Last edited by ganonspike on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ganonspike
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: My windows box is broken in firefox

Postby Ripose on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:07 am

Do the keyboard shortcuts work?
Minimize - [ALT]+[F9]
Maximize - [ALT+[F10]
UnMaximize - [ALT]+[F5]
Ripose
Level 1
Level 1

Postby kansasnoob on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:10 am

My thought is your Mozilla profile is somehow hosed!

But we should know a few things:

What version of Mint are you using?

What version of Firefox?

If this is Firefox 3.xx then go to Home > Show Hidden > .mozilla and copy the .mozilla folder to Desktop (or anywhere of your choosing just so long as you can find it!) Then make sure it's there so you can restore it if this doesn't work! This is especially important if you use Thunderbird for mail!

Then go back to .mozilla and send it to Trash! Now restart Firefox. That will create a new .mozilla and if it works you know you've found the problem.

Of course then you need to restore bookmarks, etc. until you find what's broken!

Or you could try Ubuntuzilla:

http://ubuntuzilla.wiki.sourceforge.net/

It's as simple as downloading it, then double clicking the install icon, and then going to Terminal and running:

Code: Select all
ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p firefox

After answering a few simple questions you should have a clean install of Mozilla Firefox!

And it's easily reversible!

I've also seen Compiz cause problems with Firefox but it also usually causes problems with other apps!
kansasnoob
Level 4
Level 4

Postby ganonspike on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:04 am

Yeah it seems only alt f4 works. An im using felicia with some version of firefox 3. ill guess ill try just deleting mozzila and reinstalling it, lol tell you guys how it goes in 2 hours. thx
ganonspike
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ganonspike on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 am

wow yeah! thanks a lot deleting the .mozilla work like a charm. Thanks for he help =]
ganonspike
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions