KDE on-desktop folder view solved

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

KDE on-desktop folder view solved

Postby locutus on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm using M6-KDE-rc1 and until this morning, I had a "folder" on my Desktop that showed the contents of my ~Downloads directory (though I think ~Documents was the default). Now it's gone and I can't figure out how to get it back! I can get links on my Desktop to each item in the directory, but that's not what I want. It was a slightly lighter blue color than the rest of my Desktop and had definite, defined borders and the whole thing was configurable via the 'unlock widgets -> settings' submenu option. Any ideas on how I can get it back?

EDIT: Never mind. Had to add a widget to the desktop. Also solved my next question: how to add a second window that is a folder-view.
Resistance [to Linux] is futile.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE on-desktop folder view solved

Postby emorrp1 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

since this is solved, removing from "unanswered posts" list
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions