KDE on-desktop folder view solved

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

KDE on-desktop folder view solved

Postby locutus on Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm using M6-KDE-rc1 and until this morning, I had a "folder" on my Desktop that showed the contents of my ~Downloads directory (though I think ~Documents was the default). Now it's gone and I can't figure out how to get it back! I can get links on my Desktop to each item in the directory, but that's not what I want. It was a slightly lighter blue color than the rest of my Desktop and had definite, defined borders and the whole thing was configurable via the 'unlock widgets -> settings' submenu option. Any ideas on how I can get it back?

EDIT: Never mind. Had to add a widget to the desktop. Also solved my next question: how to add a second window that is a folder-view.
Resistance [to Linux] is futile.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: KDE on-desktop folder view solved

Postby emorrp1 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

since this is solved, removing from "unanswered posts" list
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions