please help!!How to install more than one item at a time????

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

please help!!How to install more than one item at a time????

Postby undisputedfb on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:16 pm

im new to mint, how do you install more than one application at a time through mint installer?
undisputedfb
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: please help!!How to install more than one item at a time????

Postby M@C on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:24 pm

I don't think this has been implemented in MintInstall yet. But if u REALLY have to install multiple applications at a time, there are 2 ways i know of:

1) use synaptic package manager...u can tick mulitple packages....(this may be risky if you are new to linux as u may accidentally install random packages)

2) install the gnome-app-install by searching it synaptic or by typing this into the terminal:
Code: Select all
apt install gnome-app-install

When installed, this application should appear in your menu somewhere as "Add/Remove" You can tick multiple applications that you want to install.

Hope this helps and good luck

M@C
If M$FT Windows is the "standard", then I guess Linux must be above the standard.
M@C
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Fred on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 am

The CLI command you are looking for is:

sudo apt-get -y install program1 program2 program3... program_n

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Postby undisputedfb on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 am

thanks guys that works i was like " this mint install is nice, then i was like :oops: what the hell only one at a time :evil:
undisputedfb
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions