Netbook Installation...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Netbook Installation...

Postby Gunmetal_Ghoul on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm

I wanna some time soon replace my old 4-year-old laptop for a smaller and lighter netbook. I obviously don't want to use Windows XP on the thing and wanna know the steps involved into installing the Mint Main Edition on it. Is there a link to a tutorial for unetbootin or something with a little bit of hand-holding for hardware/wireless configuration for the install, etc? I'm venturous enough to try it out myself, but need some help.
Life's too short to keep things in their "out-of-the-box" condition....
Gunmetal_Ghoul
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Netbook Installation...

Postby samia on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi there:

I used this guide at PendriveLinux to make a bootable flashdrive:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-linux-mint-6-flash-drive-creation-windows/

Mint runs great on my HP Mini 1000 (1GB RAM, Intel Atom 1.60 GHz processor). Just ignore the "fixmint6.exe" silliness in the requirements and use fixmint.bat like it says in the directions. Everything should be usable right from the start, but doublecheck before installing. Good luck!
samia
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions