Why is Nautilus deleting files without seeking confirmation?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gumby
Level 3
Level 3

Why is Nautilus deleting files without seeking confirmation?

Post by gumby »

How can I get Nautilus to ask for confirmation before deleting a file? Several times, it has failed to do this, although I think maybe sometimes it did ask. I looked in Preferences and "ask before emptying the trash or deleting files" is already checked.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Why is Nautilus deleting files without seeking confirmation?

Post by garda »

In the Behavior tab of the Preferences dialog, is the option 'Include a Delete command that bypasses Trash' ticked?

If so, that is what has been causing Nautilus to suppress delete confirmations, especially when you delete files by pressing the Delete key on your keyboard.
gumby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by gumby »

Yes, it was ticked. I unticked it. Thanks, Garda. :)
gumby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by gumby »

Well, i have a new problem. Nautilus is deleting files again without confirmation, even though I unticked 'Include a Delete command that bypasses Trash'. a long time ago. :(

I have no idea why it reverted back to this behavior.

Return to “Beginner Questions”