view windows files from mint (same computer)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

view windows files from mint (same computer)

Postby superser on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi guys I'm new with mint I hope u can help me, the "problem" I have is this, I have vista ultimate in one partition, I installed mint with the option to install it from windows, my vista is in the unit C and mint and movies and stuff are in unit D, what I want to do is watch my movies open my pdf and word files that are in windows partition with mint, is this possible?. I google this problem but I can't find a -lets say a good- solution because almost all the pages talk about sharing files and open them with samba and stuff like that, I hope there is an easier solution.

Thanks
superser
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: view windows files from mint (same computer)

Postby altair4 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:00 pm

superser wrote:I installed mint with the option to install it from windows, my vista is in the unit C and mint and movies and stuff are in unit D

Just to make sure we understand you used mint4win to install mint in the D drive of windows as opposed to installing Mint into a separate partition?

If so then when you open Nautilus ( Home Folder ) you should find the Windows files in the /host or /media directories. I may have misunderstood your post :wink:
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 16
Level 16

Re: view windows files from mint (same computer)

Postby superser on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:13 pm

found them thank thank you very much u rock dude!!
superser
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions