I can no longer read any of my fonts

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I can no longer read any of my fonts

Postby CharlesMcCarthy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 am

I think this may be more Gnome specific but I'm still new to Linux so I am not certain:

I was trying to install volwheel and all its dependencies and somehow now all my fonts in gnome, nautilus, and everywhere except in my terminal show up as boxes as if it was a language I don't have installed. It has rendered my computer almost useless and I don't know what to do.

I installed: gettext gtk+ glib pango

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Charles McCarthy
CharlesMcCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I can no longer read any of my fonts

Postby CharlesMcCarthy on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:11 am

Update: I was able to fix the problem in about 10 minutes by booting off my usb drive and reinstalling mint over it self and it fixed the fonts while keeping my settings and files in tact! That said I would still love to know what I broke and the most efficient way to fix it. Thanks for an amazing operating system!
CharlesMcCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions