workspaces on the panel

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

workspaces on the panel

Postby impeteperry on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 pm

I like to work with 4 or 5 workspaces on the panel. How do you keep them from flying all over the place when going from one to another? Also I like to label them.

Thanks
impeteperry

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: workspaces on the panel

Postby Husse on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:23 am

Which Mint?
and please clarify
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby dlkreations on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:20 pm

I believe he is referring to Compiz effects. If you right click on your desktop and go to Change Desktop Background, click the Visual Effects tab and choose the None radio button. That will disable Compiz entirely, so unless you like the "eye candy" there really isn't much you can do but bare with it.

As for labeling them, I am not sure on the solution.
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Postby pluraldave on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:55 am

Once compiz is disabled you can name the workspaces by right-clicking the workspace switcher and going to preferences.

Alternatively in the compiz settings manager/desktop wall plugin options you could just change the wall slide duration to 0 so that there is no "flying about" but then you don't get the option to name the desktops (unless the option is somewhere else in the compiz options).
pluraldave
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions