Cannot start Garena

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Cannot start Garena

Postby guice on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:41 am

When I try to start Garena through wine, nothing happens. So I started it through a terminal, and got this:

Code: Select all
err:module:import_dll Library sqlite3.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\garena.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library Inject.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\garena.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library PluginKernel.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\garena.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library CommonLib.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\garena.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library GarenaSkin1.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\garena.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\garena.exe" failed, status c0000135

Now, I wonder, where can these dll-files easily be obtained (probably through google I guess), but more importantly, where should I put them? Do they go under system32 in the wine directory for the drive_c, or should I put them somewhere in my home directory for Mint?

Thanks in advance!
guice
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Cannot start Garena

Postby Husse on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:24 am

Without checking it I'd say in system32
At any rate somewhere in the Windows area in Wine
If you search these files you probably find out where they reside normally in Win - the same spot here
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby guice on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:14 am

Thank you for that!

Now, the thing is, I can only find the sqlite3.dll. I'm not able to find the other dll-files. Anyone know something that could help? Google searches just gives me "HEY SCAN YOUR COMP HERE FOR VIRUS"-links =(
guice
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:12 pm

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Lau ... ject.shtml
Be very careful to only download this from a reputable source - it can be a trojan
http://www.garena.com/forum/viewthread. ... a=page%3D1
Can't find CommonLib.dll or GarenaSkin1.dll
I think you should check your garena with antivirus in case it's infected
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions