Installing with 2 hard drives??HELP

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Installing with 2 hard drives??HELP

Postby youdkelon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi everyone I'm a newb. I have two hard drives, one hard drive is 500gb and the other is 1tb. I want to use the second drive primarily to for movies and to store other files for backup. I have no idea on how to set up the partitions correctly and If any one can give me some advice on how to partition correctly and all that it would be much appreciated.

thanks very much
youdkelon
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Installing with 2 hard drives??HELP

Postby McLovin on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 pm

We need to know what you plan on doing with your system. Do you plan to dual boot Windows AND Linux, or are you going to run Linux only? How much space do you plan on using for Linux, etc. etc.?
McLovin
Level 5
Level 5

Postby youdkelon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:20 am

McLovin wrote:We need to know what you plan on doing with your system. Do you plan to dual boot Windows AND Linux, or are you going to run Linux only? How much space do you plan on using for Linux, etc. etc.?

Hi, thanks for replying, I plan on only using Linux. I plan on using the system for everyday use, internet, downloading movies, stuff like that...not gaming or anything like that.

Thanks
youdkelon
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dlkreations on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:30 pm

I'm curious here. Why'd you post the same topic twice, once in the Installation & Boot section, and one here in the Newbie Questions section? At first I thought it was my mistake and I was seeing double. :wink:
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Postby youdkelon on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:26 pm

dlkreations wrote:I'm curious here. Why'd you post the same topic twice, once in the Installation & Boot section, and one here in the Newbie Questions section? At first I thought it was my mistake and I was seeing double. :wink:

I didn't know in what section it belonged, so I tried both :)
youdkelon
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions