Please help, install error (SOLVED)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Please help, install error (SOLVED)

Postby metis on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:13 pm

I have a live CD, that I checked with md5sum and it is good. I also made sure it was an image burn and not an exact copy of file. when I start my boot I get to the main menu and hit enter and can select from the options on how to install it, I have tried both normal and the compatibility mode. I get an error of the following. Loading /casper/vmlinuz....isolinux: Disk error 32, AX = 4280, drive 9F Boot Failed: press a key to retry... please tell me what I am doing, I am a greenhorn with this, I have an old Emachiens T3104 with an upgraded RAM of 1.5 gig and a have 2 hard drives one with 20 gb and other with 100 gb of memory. I am using Linux Mint most current version 6 I believe.

sorry, forgot to mention I am doing an install to a clean drive no other OS is on it.

***Solution*** I managed to use a SD card and with the help of these forums viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14209

fixed, must have been a bad cd, but it works if I use it to install while in windows..
Last edited by metis on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One picture is worth 128K words.",

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't."
metis
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Please help, install error (SOLVED)

Postby McLovin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:31 pm

removing from unanswered posts
McLovin
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions