Firefox got all messed up

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Firefox got all messed up

Postby babujbf on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:03 pm

I don't know why but firefox got all weird I no longer have the toolbar to put in a web address, the minimize and close window buttons are not visible and it also makes my linux mint menu toolbar no longer visible. How do I fix this?
babujbf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Firefox got all messed up

Postby Kaye on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Edit: nevermind, I didn't read the post closely enough. Do you still have the main toolbar (File, Edit, etc)?

-Kaye
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby babujbf on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:57 pm

yeap
babujbf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kaye on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Click on View -> Toolbars. Are all of the toolbars checked? (Most importantly Navigation)
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby babujbf on Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:14 pm

ok thanks that fixed the toolbar... it appeared to be a weird distorted full screen thing, cause I clicked f11 to go full screen and it covered all the screen then I clicked again and it went back to normal.
EDIT:

This sucks I gotta switch to full screen and then back to get it to work normally. Any Ideas?
babujbf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kaye on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:05 pm

I used to have this problem as well. A work-around to go to CompizConfig Settings Manager -> Utility -> Workarounds, then disable Legacy Fullscreen Support.
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby babujbf on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:48 pm

yeap thats it thanks another 2 questions... hehehe

every time my computer starts (I got it on auto login) it asks me for the password for my internet connection, is there a way to set it to auto connect?

and also

I got screenlets, how do I set for the screenlets I want to run automatically when the computer starts?
babujbf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kaye on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 pm

You should be able to configure that through the wireless network icon in your system tray (assuming you still have a notification area). When you connect there should be an option to save the password.

For the Screenlets, you need to use the Screenlet Manager. Click on whichever Screenlet you want, then there should be a box that you check that says "Start at login" or something along those lines. You have to do that for each Screenlet individually.

Hope that helps.

Edit: The exact text of the button you're looking for in the manager is "Auto start on login"
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby babujbf on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 pm

that did it for my screenlets, but as for the wireless connection at startup it always askes me for my "default keyring". any ideas?
babujbf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Kaye on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:38 am

Ah, I didn't know it was a keyring problem. This should solve that: http://maketecheasier.com/auto-unlock-k ... 2009/03/14

(Disregard that the tutorial is for Ubuntu Intrepid, it should work for your system)
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby bendera13 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Hey guys! I just got install of Mint-5 and my Firefox (3.0.8 latest version) some times fails. While browsing internet my so often my Firefox just gone. When I restart it, I do have option to open previews session, but some time it crashes like every 5 minutes and it is starts getting me. Any ideas why it can be???
Also after system update of my Skype works 50%. I can do video, chat and can hear my friend, but they can not hear me. I tried all kind of setting and still no luck. What else I can try??? Thanks
bendera13
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions