Problem with scrolling and problem with touchpad tapping

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Problem with scrolling and problem with touchpad tapping

Postby MysticLeviathan on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Hello, I am a COMPLETE n00b with Linux and I wanted to try Linux Mint because of all of the wonderful things I have heard about it. I have just been having a couple of problems so far. One of the them is disabling the tapping with the touchpad. How do I disable tapping on a laptop touchpad? My second problem is when I'm scrolling down a page using the keyboard or whatever it's called. (It's when you hold down any of the arrow keys to navigate on the page) Whenever I try to do that, when I let go of any of the arrow keys, it continues scrolling in the direction of the arrow key. It's really frustrating especially when I'm trying to navigate through a very long page because if I want to get down to half of the page, as soon as I let go it ends up at the end of the page. In Windows, it stops as soon as I let it go. If anyone can help me with the tapping and with the keyboard scrolling issue, I would really appreciate it. Thanks and have a good day :-)
MysticLeviathan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Problem with scrolling and problem with touchpad tapping

Postby Husse on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:44 am

You could install gsynaptics to disable tapping
According to what I read (my laptop just crashed :() there is a teb in the mouse settings for this
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions