Mounting a PSP

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mounting a PSP

Postby AJ2VM on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:35 pm

I plug in my PSP to a USB port, and Linux Mint seems like it doesn't do anything. I googled around, and most places just say that it should auto-mount, and it doesn't do that. So how can I manually mount it?
AJ2VM
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mounting a PSP

Postby Acid_1 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:38 am

It should automatically, but if not

Code: Select all
sudo mkdir /media/psp
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/psp
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Postby AJ2VM on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am

Okay, thanks. For some reason it wasn't registering as a device at all, like I would use "sudo fdisk -l" and I only got my two drives. It worked this morning though, so I'm not complaining!
I also have one other small question. Not sure if I should ask this here or in Firefox's support forum but every once in a while all flash content on a page will just disappear, and I have to restart Firefox. I updated flash player already, and Firefox, so I'm not sure what that is all about. Thanks!
AJ2VM
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Acid_1 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Try downloading the .tar.gz from Adobe's site and installing that instead of the flash through Synaptic/With Mint. It seams to work better, that happened to me too.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Postby axxess on Sat May 02, 2009 8:37 am

Hey. I tried the former answer for the post because my PSP doesn't mount either(nor my USB flash)... I didn't work and it says that the device didn't existed. But as soon as I go into Hardware Drivers and it looks for tthe drivers, it connects. I cannot do that twice though, so I need to reboot everytime I wanna connect something... I tried the commands, and it didn't worked...
axxess
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Acid_1 on Sat May 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Okay, for the sake of simplicity, I'm going to say remove all your USB devices, cause I don't know how many you have. Reboot. Then try mounting it. If it still insists on not mounting then two things... First off, are you using a Pandora's memory stick? If so try with a normal one, as maybe the offset blocks on the Pandora's memory stick may cause issues, but it never has for me. If that's not the case then try the former answer yet once more, and if that doesn't work I'll try and think of something.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions