Trying to record with audacity

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Trying to record with audacity

Postby babujbf on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi guys... Im trying to record with audacity with normal mic to pc no interface. And I can hear myself over the computer speakers but audacity is not recording it.
babujbf
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Trying to record with audacity

Postby revdjenk on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:26 pm

babujbf,

Yes, I had this problem, too.

Double click on the speaker on the taskbar, a volume control window will open...

If the Recording and Switches Tabs are not present, click on Preferences button on bottom of Volume control window, click on the checkbox in front of Capture and Analog Loopback. these will now be choices under Recording and Switches Tabs which should now be present.

Under Recording, you may see that the mike icon is muted (red X) click on the X and move the mic slider up.
Under Switches, click on the Analog Loopback checkbox.

In Audacity, goto Edit > Preferences and make sure that your correct sound device is listed under playback and record. You should now be able to record in Audacity.

God Bless
Doug
Malachi 3:10 NRSV
...says the LORD of hosts... I will not open...windows...for you...

Linux user since 2001 pda; 2006 lappy
revdjenk
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions