commodore 64 emulator

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

commodore 64 emulator

Postby proevofanatik on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:39 pm

i installed the c64 emulator from the package manager. but i cant find it under games. where does it go? or do i have to use a command line to run the emulator?
proevofanatik
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: commodore 64 emulator

Postby Aging Technogeek on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Are you refering to the package listed as "Versatile Commodore Emulator"? If so,it can be found in "File System" folder "/usr/doc/share/vice" ( at least that's where it ended up in both Main Edition and XFCE when I did test installs just now ).

It probably will need to be launched from the terminal. I'm not familiar enough with terminal yet to know the exact command and syntax to launch the app but if you repost and ask that specific question you will probably get an answer faster than if you just wait for someone else to reply to this post. Most forum members view posts with no responses first.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Newbie Questions