MintBackup

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

MintBackup

Postby fwc on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 am

Hey, I was just wondering how one can roll back from the MintBackup utility. I went from using about 35% of my partition (30GB) to about 50% so I was wondering how to remove the image (or whatever files) and get back the space without damaging anything. Thanks very much!
fwc
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: MintBackup

Postby Katzedecimal on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:15 am

MintBackup saves to your /home partition; I believe it's in the roadmap to allow you to choose another destination for it. Right now, what I do is to cut-paste the finished MintBackup archive onto an external media, like another harddrive, a CD or a USB stick. That way it's off my /home, and is available for use when I need it. Does this help?
"Dance without sleeping, I'll dance without fear
Dance without senses, no message I hear
Dance without feeling, I'll dance 'til I'm numb
Dance 'til I think I can overcome" -- Melissa Etheridge
Katzedecimal
Level 4
Level 4

Re: MintBackup

Postby fwc on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Yes, that seemed to help, thank you. Are you sure there aren't any other folders or settings it changes?
fwc
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Newbie Questions