So Far So good.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mipcar

So Far So good.

Post by mipcar »

Only baby steps but I've managed so far to get one dual boot happening... Mint 6 Main edition Gnome & Mint 6 XFCE.

My "Old" Fedora version 7 worked but the latest one I downloaded has mouse problems.. Hmmmm.

I'm not putting any data into anything yet nor doing all the email setting up etc as I might still need to re-do everything but hey it's a start. :D .

As I mentioned in other posts, suggestions for fine tuning for cross data access between distros would be appreciated

Mychael
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: So Far So good.

Post by DataMan »

As I mentioned in other posts, suggestions for fine tuning for cross data access between distros would be appreciated
With respect to the data accessible across multiple ops, my recommendation is to set up one or more ext3 partitions to cover it. For example, I have dedicated partitions for:
Photos
Music,
Backups
Documents

All of the partitions are mounted via fstab in each of my available ops (4 linux and 1 windows at the moment :D ).

Once the partitions are established, just make sure you define them via the manual partition method in the install.

Also sounds like you might be ready for a dedicated GRUB partition. If interested, I've got a small paper that I've published on my website detailing the methodology (mine) for a dedicated GRUB.

DataMan
mipcar

Re: So Far So good.

Post by mipcar »

Thanks D/man.
You will no doubt have seen my later post of problems.

Mychael

Return to “Beginner Questions”