x64 mint 7

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
awong
Level 2
Level 2

Re: x64 mint 7

Post by awong »

You mean soon like this? [url]ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/LinuxMint-7-x64-RC1.iso[/url] :D
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

awong wrote:You mean soon like this? [url]ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/LinuxMint-7-x64-RC1.iso[/url] :D
Downloading it, thanx!!! :mrgreen:
definitely

Post by definitely »

exploder wrote:Patience will be rewarded. The 64 bit version was tested and approved for release candidate. You should see the release candidate pretty soon.
Nice to know. :)
awong wrote:You mean soon like this? [url]ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/testing/LinuxMint-7-x64-RC1.iso[/url] :D
Thank you. :)
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Well I've just installed the RC1 and it's great :D I'm currently building MPlayer for support with some of my newer wmv files but other then that it's brilliant! and it seems rather stable as I haven't had any problems yet (although I assume this is because most of the bugs were ironed out in the 32bit release =])

Thank you Clem! :D
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

I've got a problem with magic disappearing desktop icons at the moment :lol:
definitely

Post by definitely »

I also installed Linux Mint 7 Gloria X64 RC1. There is only one problem for me. With Flash player in Firefox. When I try to waste my time in my brute website and I open my cellule or try to log in, Firefox gets crashed - here is what firefox says to terminal after crash:
def@defi-desktop ~ $ firefox
Segmentation fault
def@defi-desktop ~ $
Edited: P.S It's Adobes bug with Flash Player X64 version for Linux. :)
Last edited by definitely on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

I installed it today and so far everything is really smooth 8)
Ale

Post by Ale »

Return to “Beginner Questions”