Not another MPD Config Question....Yup!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Not another MPD Config Question....Yup!

Postby Tuba on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:40 am

Hi everyone
my name is Andy, but often called Tuba after the instrument - passing resemblance or so I am told :roll: .
I'm old, abit thick and no uber- geek. In Linux world an absolute beginner. The good news is I have finally made it to Mint after Ubuntu, Kubuntu & Xubuntu. I do love mint. It really is sooo cool.

Everything is just fine and I am a very happy vegemite except for one thing. Yup MPD. It seems to cause novices so much headache it isn't funny.

So go read the guides, do an install and work it for yourself I hear you say. Well I did and I must be linux retarded. Because 2 days and lots of swearing later I have finally got mpd/sonata/mpc/gmbc uninstalled (purged via terminal) and am back to square one. I won't even describe the mess I got myself in.

Can someone please take pity and post an idiots guide to mpd instal and config under Mint for bit perfect playback at variable rates across a network? Terminal is fine. But I do need the basics posted ..like "sudo" before commands if they need to be there. Pulse audio complicates things abit.

I naturally have all my music on a separate NTFS disc which again complicates things. I could import but there is like 750gb of music in Flac and I really don't want to have to if I can avoid.

Sorry to be a dork.

Thanks in advance
Tuba.
Tuba
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Not another MPD Config Question....Yup!

Postby Tuba on Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am

Yippee I am not that much of a dork.
I got it working via: http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=LINUX+Audio+MusicPlayerDaemon
Now for ape.
Tuba
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions