Linux Mint with Dell Inspiron 1545

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Linux Mint with Dell Inspiron 1545

Postby gary138 on Sat May 02, 2009 1:29 pm

I Installed linux mint on my new dell inspiron 1545, but am having some problems with the keyboard randomly decided not to work along with the right click. This only happens occasionally and is solved with a simple restart, does anyone know why it might be doing this? The volume seems to be very low as well, and the multimedia keys on the keyboard for the volume only work part of the time.

I've always used linux on desktops so never really had hardware issues like this before, do I need to do any tweaking to get my laptops hardware working properly with linux mint?
gary138
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint with Dell Inspiron 1545

Postby Shaddix on Sat May 02, 2009 1:50 pm

I also can't get a high volume from my speakers, I have a Dell Studio, changed some things, but it didn't help
a state of mint..
Shaddix
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions