Changing preferred application for ipod [Solved]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Changing preferred application for ipod [Solved]

Postby JamesFox on Sat May 02, 2009 2:20 pm

In case anyone needs it for the future, here's where the setting can be found: Nautilus File Browser -> Edit -> Preferences -> Media Tab.

Hi all,

When I first connected my iPod to Mint, I got the dialog box asking me what application I wanted to use to open it. I chose Rhythmbox at the time, and against the judgement of the little voice yelling in my head "you're not going to know how to change this later!", I went ahead and clicked the "always use this application" box. Sure enough, that voice was right. :oops: At this point I'd rather go with Exaile. How do I go about changing that setting so that Exaile opens instead of Rhythmbox? I looked through the Preferred Applications settings, as well as changed the "Open With" choice on the iPod's folder in the /media folder, but no luck, Rhythmbox still opens each time. Thanks for any suggestions.

James
JamesFox
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Changing preferred application for ipod [Solved]

Postby emorrp1 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Yeah, this is strange (but well documented) behaviour, but thanks for posting the solution for others' use.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions