MEDIADIRECT?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

MEDIADIRECT?

Postby greenjoe on Sun May 17, 2009 3:50 pm

I know this will sound dumb, but what is MEDIADIRECT and what is it's function? Is it like a Swapfile? Or something totally different? Green Joe
greenjoe
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: MEDIADIRECT?

Postby proxima_centauri on Sun May 17, 2009 5:56 pm

proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Re: MEDIADIRECT?

Postby Aging Technogeek on Sun May 17, 2009 5:58 pm

MediaDirect is a proprietary Dell application available only as OEM with certain Dell computers. It is mostly about adding Bluray function to Dell Media players. You can find out more et this site:

http://mediadirect.software.informer.com/

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

SOLVED- Re: MEDIADIRECT?

Postby greenjoe on Sun May 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Thanks guys....I did a search (why didn't I think of that before?) and found out all about it. It's an OEM Dell product for playing DVD's, Bluray's in particular.
I had done an install of Mint "inside windows" and it was there as a separate partition for Media Direct and wondered if I should keep it since it is eating up space that I could use for Mint. So a big Mahalo to all who commented...Green Joe :D
greenjoe
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions