Hibernation[SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Hibernation[SOLVED]

Postby Benni Jay on Sun May 17, 2009 5:25 pm

When I turn my Laptop to hibernation (Mint Gloria RC1) it takes some time until he sleeps, about two minutes,
the same goes for waking him up, when I talked about that with a friend of mine who is using Ubuntu 9.04 he told me that this is normal on linux.
I really love linux mint and it's not really a big problem, I just wanted to know if this is really normal or if there is anything I can do to speed it up.
Last edited by Benni Jay on Sun May 17, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benni Jay
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Hibernation

Postby Aging Technogeek on Sun May 17, 2009 5:41 pm

This may be a minor bug in Ubuntu 9.04 that carried over into Gloria. In Mint 6 Felicia my laptop goes into hibernation in less than 30 seconds so 2 minutes is not normal.

Unfortunately I can't help you speed your system up; but I'm sure some one will be along to help shortly.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Newbie Questions