Another compiz bug!

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Another compiz bug!

Postby T J Tulley on Mon May 18, 2009 1:53 pm

This was quite sudden: I have a Firefox tab showing a topic in the Software & Applications forum - it was minimized and I expanded it to Unminimized - it zoomed across the screen ending by showing a white line about 2 mm deep at the very top of the screen, and of the width of the unminimized window. I have found that I can drag its bottom boundary to show most of the window, but the top is inaccessible.

Now however the top of that window has appeared in this workspace, which is directly above the one where it was opened!

Throughout this episode it has always appeared quite happily maximized, and now i have just set it as maximized it its own workspace (below this one) and it has disappeared from this.

Restored to Unmaximised, again it overlaps both workspaces!

Over to the developers - with the best of luck!
Yours hopefully -

Theo Tulley.
Using a PC with 2GB RAM, 3 hdds and a 1.7 GHz Celeron cpu.
T J Tulley
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Another compiz bug!

Postby emorrp1 on Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 pm

You can access the top by Alt-clicking and dragging the window back onto the workspace. I believe compiz remembers where you last unminimised, so if you make sure the window is smaller than a workspace, and all on one workspace the issue should disappear. However the cause of this in the first place is a strange bug, which I have no idea about.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions