Revert to Previous Versions of usplash

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Revert to Previous Versions of usplash

Postby LinuxMoogle on Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 pm

Hello everyone! I am new to Linux Mint. :) Nothing smells better than the Mint! :D

I've watched a few videos of Linux Mint on the net and seen different usplash themes. Is there anyway I can get and use the usplash of Felicia or Elyssa and replace Gloria's usplash? If so, how to? Please guide me. :)

Thanks!
LinuxMoogle
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Revert to Previous Versions of usplash

Postby dlkreations on Tue May 19, 2009 1:49 am

Well, if you go here: http://packages.linuxmint.com/#6main scroll down until you see "usplash-theme-mint", download the correct one for your system, i.e. 32bit or 64bit, and install it.

You may need to also download startupmanager which you can get either from Synaptic or going to terminal and typing:

sudo apt-get install startupmanager

Hope that helps. Good luck.
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Postby LinuxMoogle on Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 am

I installed startupmanager and the program doesn't seem to start up. :( Moreover, when I try to change the usplash from all the directories (made backups of them first) all I get is a blank screen. :(
LinuxMoogle
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Aging Technogeek on Tue May 19, 2009 9:58 am

Startup Manager for Mint 6 main edition has a problem with the "run" command. Sounds like the problem carried over to Mint 7. see this thread for a fix

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24256#p143135

When you get Startup Manager to launch, go to Appearance => Manage Usplash Themes and add your theme.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Return to Newbie Questions