MD5 signature (Solved)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

MD5 signature (Solved)

Postby smokeymtn_ron on Sat May 23, 2009 12:17 am

In the users guide it says I should check the MD5 signature before I install to make sure all the files are there. How do I do this? Also it says that the MD5 signature should match the one on the download page, but I don't see one there either. I'm still running Windows till I can make sure this is right, so can somebody tell me how to check from Windows. Thanks for any help you can give me! :?:
Last edited by smokeymtn_ron on Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smokeymtn_ron
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: MD5 signature

Postby pluraldave on Sat May 23, 2009 5:46 am

In windows you have to download a program to check the MD5. Try http://www.md5summer.org/. I think you should be able to work out how to use it.

For the MD5 check on the download page for the version of Mint you have downloaded. There is a link called "Download mirrors, torrent and MD5" for each edition. Follow the link and you will see the MD5 in the information table.
pluraldave
Level 5
Level 5

Re: MD5 signature

Postby smokeymtn_ron on Fri May 29, 2009 12:57 am

Got it!! Thanks a lot :lol: :lol: :lol:
smokeymtn_ron
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions