Linux Mint Felcia USB fails. after a while a

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Linux Mint Felcia USB fails. after a while a

Postby widjet on Sun May 24, 2009 6:48 am

This Toshiba M70 Laptop which I have installed Linux Mint has a problem with the USB failing after being on for a while. 20 min approx I loose support for any Flash drive or external Mouse. The internal mouse pad works fine. Upon a reboot the USB port has the same problem again after a while say 20 minutes. Is there some power saving mode that disables support.?
Also when bringing up a terminal to run a program when it asks for a password to install it refuses to allow me to add any letters at all.
I was try the sudo apt-get install kismet. [ Excuse if the words are wrong as on other computer.] it asks for password but couldn't get any further as unable to add as mentioned.
widjet
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linux Mint Felcia USB fails. after a while a

Postby Husse on Wed May 27, 2009 7:35 am

I have no solution for the USB problem - seems to me to be a buffer that is filled up
terminal...asks for a password to install it refuses to allow me to add any letters at all.

What do you mean?
Is it that you see no action when you type your password?
You never do in the terminal - just type your password and press Enter
And please use with care!
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions