No audio on Youtube

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

No audio on Youtube

Postby BusoRenkin on Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 pm

I just got Linux Mint a few days ago. At first I wasn't able to get any sound at all, but after going through the Sound tab in Administration I was able to switch the sound to my USB audio (It's called "Logitec USB Audio" according to Mint), however it only truly works with Rhythmbox rather than Totem. I've been jumping around a billion forums, and some people have said something about gstreamer and Totem so I'm guessing their related somehow, while also saying something about gstreamer and Flash, so I'm guessing that the reason why I don't have audio on Youtube is because of the no audio on Totem. Being the new person I am though, I have no way of going about all this business.

How would I be able to resolve this problem?
BusoRenkin
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: No audio on Youtube

Postby RedWagon on Wed May 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Not 100% sure what you are asking, but I have a Logitech USB headset and if somethign doesn't work I got Applications > Sound and Video > Pulse Audio Volume Control > Playback then make sure whatever isn't working is playing sound and it should pop up in the playback tab. Once you see it click the triangle in the upper right hand corner, go to Move Stream and select the one that has USB Audio in it. Do that for every application that doesn't work, and you should be good to go. It remembers your settings so you only have to do it once.
RedWagon
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions