I know this is a stupid question but id still like it solved

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I know this is a stupid question but id still like it solved

Postby the_punisher on Thu May 28, 2009 7:52 am

:)

K so.. when using firefox I have a problem scrolling the pages up and down.

My mouse does not have a mouse wheel so I have to go to the scroll bar to do this... In windows all i had to do was to take my mouse to the absolute right and the scroll bar would get selected.. but in linux if i take my mouse to the absolute right, the mouse goes beyond the scroll bar and thus I have to move it a little bit to the left to select it.

like i have to search for the scroll bar everytime so to speak.. which is kinda annoying...

do i make any sense? anyone know what im talking about? am i the only one with this problem? or am i the only guy with a mouse having no scroll wheel :)
the_punisher
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I know this is a stupid question but id still like it solved

Postby NYDAz on Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 am

Maybe you have extended desktop enabled !
Send my love to Felicia & Gloria !
NYDAz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I know this is a stupid question but id still like it solved

Postby Fred on Thu May 28, 2009 8:10 am

the_punisher,

Here is another suggestion for you. In Firefox, look under edit - preferences - advanced tab - and select "use cursor keys to navigate in web pages."

You can then use the up/down arrow keys. Personally, I think it is much easier if you don't have a mouse wheel.

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Return to Newbie Questions