Upgrade path 6 to 7.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Upgrade path 6 to 7.

Postby JTucker on Thu May 28, 2009 10:40 am

Hi all, my first post.
I've been trying different dists for about 6 months and I'm quite the newbie with regards to Linux. I think I might settle with Mint.
Anyway I was using Ubuntu before Mint. When it went from 8 to 9 (I can't remember the exact numbers-or animal names) there was an 'update from 8 to 9' option in Ubuntu's version of Upgrade.
I just read the blog and noticed "An upgrade path for Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” users will be published in a few days."

Does Mint use the same method and make it possible to upgrade the dist. version via the Upgrade dialog box?

I only installed Mint 6 at the weekend just gone (Bank Holiday UK). I noticed 7 was due but I needed to get the PC working as soon as possible. I downloaded and burnt the Mint7 iso yesterday. It was only about half an hour ago when I read the blog that I thought I'd wait until the upgrade path is published. I should of read the whole blog yesterday. Still it's nice to know I have the Mint7.iso. It might come in handy who knows.
JTucker
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Upgrade path 6 to 7.

Postby AK Dave on Thu May 28, 2009 12:10 pm

JTucker wrote:Does Mint use the same method and make it possible to upgrade the dist. version via the Upgrade dialog box?

Your answer was in your own question: "An upgrade path for Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” users will be published in a few days."
AK Dave
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Upgrade path 6 to 7.

Postby JTucker on Thu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm

So published is the same as appearing in the Upgrade dialog box?
JTucker
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions