[Solved]How to automount partition

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[Solved]How to automount partition

Postby HeinzVoerbakje on Thu May 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi all,

I've got a relatively simple question, I think, but I cannot get it sorted out....

I've got in harddisk partition (sdb3) that I want to access both using Mint and XP. So I formatted it as NTFS. I want to have this partition to be mounted automatically when I log in to Mint. How do I do this?

Thank you for the reply,

HeinzVoerbakje
Last edited by HeinzVoerbakje on Fri May 29, 2009 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeinzVoerbakje
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to automount partition

Postby Fred on Thu May 28, 2009 2:08 pm

HeinzVoerbakje,

Please refer to the thread below for specific instructions.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22093

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Re: How to automount partition

Postby HeinzVoerbakje on Fri May 29, 2009 2:59 am

Oh, great post, thank you! I searched for it, but I did not find it! I mark this thread as solved!
HeinzVoerbakje
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions