recording?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

recording?

Postby fateillmortality on Sun May 31, 2009 12:01 am

i've just installed Gloria, and am loving it, thanks guys. (was using Cassandra up till now :wink: )
anyways, im having trouble trying to record using Audacity. i had it working using the live CD but not after installing. im using the mic in to record guitar from my pedalboard. now when i press the record in Audacity it doesnt do anything (the bar doesnt move) and i cant here anything. if i import a file i can play it back not a problem but still cant record. any advice or pointing in the right direction is gratefully appreciated thanks
fateillmortality
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: recording?

Postby nono on Sun May 31, 2009 4:50 am

maybe your mic is in mute?
Reminder: If your problem is already solved or your topic is fullfilled, kindly put [SOLVED] on your topic title.
nono
Level 3
Level 3

Re: recording?

Postby fateillmortality on Sun May 31, 2009 8:18 am

no mics not muted, with running the in and out as alsa pulse i can get a few seconds of recording then it stops. ???
fateillmortality
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions