Mint 7: Nautilus browser mode?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Mint 7: Nautilus browser mode?

Postby LitBolt on Sun May 31, 2009 7:55 pm

I think I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find where to switch between spatial and browser mode in Gloria, since it's not under MintDesktop or edit->prefrences in nautilus. Could someone point me in that direction please? :oops:
LitBolt
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 7: Nautilus browser mode?

Postby joel2665 on Sun May 31, 2009 8:31 pm

Here's something that I copied from https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/user-guide ... us-21.html:

Nautilus provides two modes in which you can interact with your filesystem: spatial and browser mode. You may decide which method your prefer and set Nautilus to always use this by selecting (or deselecting) Always open in browser windows in the Behavior tab of the Nautilus preferences dialog.

Hope that helps you.
joel2665
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 7: Nautilus browser mode?

Postby LitBolt on Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I was more wondering how to access the option itself; I know what the modes are and that's why I'm trying to change it. ;)

EDIT: I've tried deselecting "open in browser windows" and that just opens them in windows that don't have any "decorations." I have no idea why I'm finding this so hard...
LitBolt
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions