SPDIF Optical Out with Mint 7 Not Working?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ajgoyt

SPDIF Optical Out with Mint 7 Not Working?

Post by ajgoyt »

Hi can anyone recommend a good guide to get Analogue and Digital working using Optical /SPDIF with Mint?
I have searched through the forums and it seems that Pulse is creating alot of issues :oops:

I have everything else working great for my Mint 7 install but i would like to use my Denon Receiver.

Please help Digital sound is all I have left to get working :?

Thanks in advance.....

AJ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgoyt

Re: SPDIF Optical Out with Mint 7 Not Working?

Post by ajgoyt »

Ok a little more info before i go off to work, the sound card does work hooked up non spdif , the card is a Diamond Xtreme Sound 7.1......

If i hook it up via spdif Optical i have no analogue/pcm or Digital sound.

When i get home I can run some commands......

Please Help

AJ
Lantesh

Post by Lantesh »

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gnome-alsamixer
Now go into your Sound & Video menu and open Gnome Alsa Mixer. Un-check the mute button for IEC958. 8)
kristhor

Post by kristhor »

I have the same problem, no digital or hdmi sound in mint gloria, I have a nVidia Corporation MCP79 High Definition Audio (rev b1) soundcard and I get analog sound outt with no problems. Downloaded the genome alsamixer and there is no volume slider or mute button for IEC958 only something called switch that you can mark or unmark and either way no sound. Tried every setting i can find on the system through the control center -- sound and multimedia under hardware but still nothing. Tried the pulse audio settings and got the digital out to appear in the pulse audio volume control and a bar moving showing there is sound but nothing out of the spdif or hdmi. Been vigourusly searching for a solution but cant seem to. Havnt done the intel soundcard solution that i see posted here many times since I dont have an intel soundcard.

Return to “Beginner Questions”