Sound lost after updates? [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zeller
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sound lost after updates?

Post by zeller »

Okay, odd.

Removed everything PulseAudio related that didn't get rid of mint-gnome-main, or something like that.

Logged out, back in. Checked if my audio was working using rythmbox. Nope. Checked the volume inside Rythmbox; Volume was raised.

Added volume applet to my panel. Master, raised. Headphone, raised. PCM, Line In, and CD were all muted. Unmuted them one at a time.

Unmuted PCM seems to have fixed the problem. I'm now hearing music using Rythmbox.

Logged in to Hulu.com, played random video, sound.

I guess one of the PulseAudio components either didn't like my setup or something else.

I know I've gone through all the inputs before and made sure such things as PCM and Line In and CD were all unmuted. What a wonky occurrence.

Thanks for all help submitted.
DISCLAIMER: Brand new user as of December 07...you have to explain it to me as if I were a 3rd grader.

Return to “Beginner Questions”