Appearance

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Appearance

Postby snakefinger on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:57 am

Hi,

after playing several days successful with the "Visual Effects" in the Appearance application to customize my LinuxMint I'm now falling back to "None" with the message Desktop effects could not be enabled. All windows are touched and repainted but nothing happens.

jockey.log is saying

2009-06-14 14:55:22,158 DEBUG: enables_composite(): already using nvidia driver from nondefault package
2009-06-14 14:55:22,158 DEBUG: enables_composite(): already using nvidia driver from nondefault package

I'm using a Dell Latitude D830 and I've no clue what I did wrong changing the system from working to this problem.
snakefinger
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Appearance

Postby emorrp1 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:09 am

seems like you've been playing with more than just compiz. Have you installed nvidia drivers from anywhere other than the Hardware Drivers tool? Anyway, you might be able to fiddle with the settings in the nvidia manager to fix this.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions