Screen Brightness Problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kei84

Re: Screen Brightness Problem

Post by kei84 »

I can set the brightness of my Sharp notebook using Brightness Applet. I am using Gloria.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nebcanuck

Re: Screen Brightness Problem

Post by nebcanuck »

Running an intel graphics chip may have something to do it. I know with my own chip, mint boots in low brightness, but upon login it seems to reverse the brightness setting so that it's back up to full.

For me, I can adjust the brightness by going into the power management preferences and fiddling with the brightness slider. But the brightness hotkeys certainly don't function.

The only distribution I've seen which works properly in this regard is Fedora 11. So I'm assuming it's one of those issues which is dealt with by upstream progression, and Fedora is (as usual) one step ahead of everyone in adopting the measures. Hopefully that means we'll see a fix either through the repos, or in the next version of Mint.

Return to “Beginner Questions”