another newbee with ati trouble

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

another newbee with ati trouble

Postby bengan on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 pm

hi all :)
does anybody know if the new ati driver 9.6 i think works with mint? i have trouble with the drivers that comes with mintupdate, cant get compiz to work and cant extend the grafics for the windows, when i try to it just flickers and tells me i cant use extended grafics, and in some cases i have found that one of the cores of the intel 8400 works for 100% , and the computer slows drastic for 1-2 min, or is there a solution of this? i have searched but i havent find something. please tell me the easy way beccause im new to linux and mint but i do like it :D
regards bengan
bengan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: another newbee with ati trouble

Postby Technomancer on Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:56 pm

This sounds a lot like the issue I was experiencing, the thread for that one is here --> viewtopic.php?f=90&t=27588

Check that out for more information, hopefully it will help you solve your problem.
Technomancer
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions