Mint menu won't close after selection [SOLVED]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mint menu won't close after selection [SOLVED]

Postby yahtzeek9 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:12 am

The Mint menu won't close after a selection is made. I have to click away from the menu to get it to close. I had the same problem in Mint 5 but now I am using Mint 7 Gloria. I just dealt with it before the upgrade but found it quite annoying. The menu used to go away after you click on an application but now it just sits there open. I searched the forums and found nothing. I don't know How or Why this keeps happening. I haven't changed any of the configs in the menu. Is this just a bug? Please help me with this annoying problem.
Last edited by yahtzeek9 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
yahtzeek9
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint menu won't close after selection

Postby Aging Technogeek on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:46 am

Try the fixes here:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17493&p=105295&hilit=Could+not+grab+your+mouse.#p105386

The post is old but the fixes may still work.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Mint menu won't close after selection

Postby yahtzeek9 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:36 am

Wow, Thanks for the reply so quickly. The gconf-editor fixed the problem. I had to logout and back in but after that everything was fine. The problem was very frustrating to say the least

I absolutely love the community around Linux and Mint specifically. People like you make any minor problems I have worth dealing with.
yahtzeek9
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions