[SOLVED]Synaptic is stil using proxy

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

[SOLVED]Synaptic is stil using proxy

Postby shrai on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:01 am

Hey everybody.
Once I used proxy for internet connection. Now I'm using direct ADSL connection. Everything is OK with the surf, but when I start Synaptic and try to update the repositories it says, that he couldn't connect to the ip of my proxy(also when I try to install any package), which I don't use now... I've checked the preferences in Synaptic and in Network Proxy(made the proxy none and applied system-wide), but Synaptic is still trying to connect to proxy... I don't know what to do. Please, can anybody help me?

Don't really know how, but I solved it...
shrai
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: [SOLVED]Synaptic is stil using proxy

Postby emorrp1 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:54 pm

I suspect this is the kind of thing that a reboot solved, though it seems a bit quirky even so. Either way, glad it's no longer a problem for you.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions