problems with suspend and shutdown

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

problems with suspend and shutdown

Postby andyz on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie but my Linux Mint (Gloria) works great. I only have two problems: when I try to suspend or to shut down, my comp sometimes freezes and hard reset is required. When I shut down from <alt+f2 sudo shutdown -h now> everything is O.K. but I get a message on the screen informing me of trouble with the GNOME display manager. It even states: please rework. Can anybody hep me further?
andyz
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: problems with suspend and shutdown

Postby nandemonai on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:51 pm

As for the sleep issue (suspend) you can try this: http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsien ... index.html

Not sure on the Gnome error on shutdown though I doubt it's anything to be too concerned about unless it's not working on next boot.
Linux Mint 7 64 Bit | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.80GHz (OC) | 4GB Kingston RAM | Asus P5Q Delux Motherboard | Asus EN9800GT (NVIDIA) | WD 120GB / WD 720GB SATA2 HDDs
nandemonai
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions