Camera Help

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Camera Help

Postby ForensicCashew on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:23 am

I need help uploading pictures to myspace and facebook. I mounted my camera to /mnt/camera/ and I have no clue where my pictures are. My camera is an HP Photosmart 935
ForensicCashew
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Camera Help

Postby lagagnon on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:18 am

If you've mounted them and opened Nautilus you navigate to the mount pont in the file browser and you should see them there.
But if you have problems with that the easier way for you might be to download "gtkam" using the Package Manager. That is camera software for retrieving and sorting photos. I think Picasa can retrieve photos also.
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Postby ForensicCashew on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:11 pm

I can't find nautilus on my computer. I looked in applications and in the menu, and I couldn't find nautilus. gtkam didn't recognize my camera
ForensicCashew
Level 1
Level 1

Postby subslug on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Nautilus is the file manager in Gnome. If you open your Home folder sitting on your desktop (assuming you haven't moved it) you're opening Nautilus. It's like Windows Explorer
It should have a list of all the mounted devices in the left column.

Another thing I recommended someone else to try is to use F-spot. It's a easy little app to download and organize your photos.
subslug
Level 3
Level 3

Postby smokeymtn_ron on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Another thing I recommended someone else to try is to use F-spot. It's a easy little app to download and organize your photos.

I think subslug has the right idea. I haven't used F-spot with myspace, but I have with flickr and it works great! Even has a drop down menu to export to flickr and a few other ones. Good luck.

(Thanks subslug for telling me about F-spot) :D
smokeymtn_ron
Level 3
Level 3

Postby subslug on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:36 pm

I thought F-spot was installed by default as the photo tool but I guess not.

I never noticed but Mint doesn't seem to have a default app for handling your photos installed, not counting Gimp but, that's not what we meant.

The OP's camera is shown as supported in Gphoto2 if you have that installed you can try... 'gphoto2 --list-cameras | less'
That will show you all the cameras supported by gphoto2 and you can see the 935 in there.
subslug
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions