I-Beam Cursor

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I-Beam Cursor

Postby ChrisJakarta on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 am

I'm enjoying my experiences getting to know Linux through Mint. And I'm managing to find most of the answers. But one or two questions still flummox me.

For my first: how does one change the over-weight I-beam cursor? I find it quite difficult to place it correctly at the insertion point. There must be a light-weight option like in Windoze? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Chris
ChrisJakarta
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I-Beam Cursor

Postby barrieluv on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:46 am

Have a look here. Someone has posted a modified mac4lin cursor theme that includes an I-Beam that you may like.
[b]EeePC 701 Ubuntu 10.04 || HP Pavilion DV6 Linux Mint 17 Mate Edition
barrieluv
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Aging Technogeek on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:04 am

ChrisJakarta,

Check out "Gnome-look.org" (http://www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=36 ) X11 Mouse Themes. There are several hundred selections available. You should be able to find something you like.

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Postby ChrisJakarta on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 am

barrieluv wrote:Have a look here. Someone has posted a modified mac4lin cursor theme that includes an I-Beam that you may like.

Thanks, barrieluv, just what I needed.

Chris
ChrisJakarta
Level 1
Level 1

Re: I-Beam Cursor [Solved]

Postby ChrisJakarta on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:30 am

Aging Technogeek wrote:ChrisJakarta,

Check out "Gnome-look.org" (http://www.gnome-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=36 ) X11 Mouse Themes. There are several hundred selections available. You should be able to find something you like.

Thanks, Aging (may I call you that?)

Actually being a stupid newbie, I also needed the help of https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuEyeCandy to tell me how to install these cursors. I handn't previously run into the Appearance section which allows the change, and also the way to install the cursor theme files. I note this for others who may be similarly stupid...

Chris
ChrisJakarta
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions