Time 45 mins ahead (RESOLVED)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Time 45 mins ahead (RESOLVED)

Postby JuanKong on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:21 am

Hi there

I installed Linux Mint today and have it dual booted with Vista. For some reason the time in the task bar is 45 mins ahead than the local time. The BIOS UTC is correct. I've tried using sudo tzselect to try to configure the time to the right time with some help from a couple of people in the chat room and still no success. Can anyone help me please?? My UTC should be set at +12.
Last edited by JuanKong on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuanKong
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Time 45 mins ahead

Postby lagagnon on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Did you try: Menu, Control Center, System, Time and Date, Unlock (password) and then reset the time and time zone from there?
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Time 45 mins ahead

Postby JuanKong on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:25 am

lagagnon wrote:Did you try: Menu, Control Center, System, Time and Date, Unlock (password) and then reset the time and time zone from there?

Just did it and now it works, I live in New Zealand (mainland), and for some reason my timezone was set to NZ but it was set to Chatam Islands NZ Time which is 45 minutes ahead of the mainland. I feel so stupid not looking at system :oops:. Thanks so much for your help.
JuanKong
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions