Mint menu stays white when changing to a black theme >solved

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mint menu stays white when changing to a black theme >solved

Postby itchman on Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:41 am

Hi, I'm new to Linux Mint (and to Linux at all) and I have a little problem with the main menu: when I change the theme to a black theme (and I like black themes :wink: ), the menu keeps being white and as the black theme uses a white font I can't read anything in the menu:

In the preferences of the mint menu there seem to be some suitable parameters but I have no idea what to change.
I also searched the forum but couldn't find anything useful (well, maybe there was something useful but I didn't understand it :roll: )
Last edited by itchman on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
itchman
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby lars on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:22 pm

hi itchman

By default mintMenu uses it's own color. If you want mintMenu to use theme colors goto pereferences and in the right box at the bottom you'll find use_custom_color. Uncheck it and mintMenu will use your theme colors.
lars
Level 2
Level 2

Postby itchman on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks a lot, now it works (hm, I should have seen that option by myself :oops: )
itchman
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions