Automount gui?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Automount gui?

Postby Potajito on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi, I want to mount my ntfs hard drives automatically everytime I start Mint, and if possible, with a gui, can it be done? I've saw some how to's to auto mount it using the terminal, but i feel more comfortable with a gui :P
Potajito
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Automount gui?

Postby Lantesh on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:20 pm

As far as I know there isn't a GUI that will accomplish this task. I've always use the terminal and gedit myself.
Lantesh
Level 6
Level 6

Postby DrHu on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Potajito wrote:Hi, I want to mount my ntfs hard drives automatically everytime I start Mint, and if possible, with a gui..

Or can you simply have quicker access to the shares when you login to your desktop..
http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/ ... 0697.shtml
Remounting of recently used shares on program start

This might work for you..
http://sourceforge.net/projects/smbnetfs/
SMBNetFS is a Linux/FreeBSD filesystem that allow you to use samba/Microsoft network in the same manner as the network neighborhood in Microsoft Windows

apt search smbnetfs
smbnetfs - User-space filesystem for SMB/NMB (Windows

Its in the Mint repository..
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Postby Potajito on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:12 am

I just found out what I was looking for, the package name is ntfs-config. Thanks for the help
Potajito
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions