Firefox bookmarks

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kokomonjo

Firefox bookmarks

Post by kokomonjo »

Hi all I just read this post and it didnt make sense to me

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ks#p168058

My problem is that I just upgraded the HDD in my laptop when I did this I installed Gloria x64 main edition. I had Felicia x86 installed on my old HDD. I made the old one an external drive but haven't erased it yet so that I could transfer all of my settings. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I need to go about getting all of my bookmarks off of the old installation and on to the new for firefore. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Firefox bookmarks

Post by DrHu »

Bookmarks>Organize bookmarks>import and Backup (gets you an html format); backup restore uses the Firefox database (*.json file), not directly readable by the user..

I clean out the default Firefox bookmark settling, so that I have empty bookmarks (no extras) before I import that *.html file with my bookmarks,
--I also don't have history or recently used etc..
atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Firefox bookmarks

Post by atlef »

Read this article at mozilla to get an overview over where the files are and what they do. This way you will be able to restore your files and know what files to backup next time.

atlef.

Return to “Beginner Questions”