Are all versions of Mint Live CD versions ?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Are all versions of Mint Live CD versions ?

Postby IggrasilUser on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:57 am

Sorry to ask this (because the search on the forum board failed to provide results on searching for 'live cd'), are all versions of Mint Live CDs that can later be installed if one is happy with having tried it in live CD mode.

Secondly I presume that NTFS-3G package (to be able to read and write NTFS partitions) is included in the live CD?

Finally it might be nice to actually clearly indicate on the downloads which versions are Live-CDs, because it currently hints of the fact but is not clearly stated (as far as I can see).

Thanks in advance

Iggy
IggrasilUser
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Are all versions of Mint Live CD versions ?

Postby DrHu on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:14 am

IggrasilUser wrote:are all versions of Mint Live CDs that can later be installed if one is happy with having tried it in live CD mode.

Secondly I presume that NTFS-3G package (to be able to read and write NTFS partitions) is included in the live CD?

are all versions of Mint Live CDs
Apparently so
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Mint
Linux Mint is available for download in the form of ISO images, which can be used to create Live CDs or Live USBs.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mi ... 0305.shtml
--probably started from first versions..

I presume that NTFS-3G package
Recent addition to most Linux distributions..
    apt search ntfs
    i libntfs-3g49 - ntfs-3g filesystem in userspace (FUSE) lib
    i ntfs-3g - read-write NTFS driver for FUSE

nice to actually clearly indicate on the downloads which versions are Live-CD
So question 1 no longer applies, yes all versions are live versions. It is a modern Linux distribution, most Linux distributions are live versions..
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Are all versions of Mint Live CD versions ?

Postby IggrasilUser on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks for your answer. I will thus start the download of the latest 32 bit version.
IggrasilUser
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions